Quebec Style Pea Soup
- Pork hock (small to medium)
- Pancetta or bacon, 1 pack
- 2 cups lentils (green, or half green half yellow)
- 1 or 2 onions
- Garlic, a few cloves
- 2 or 3 carrots
- Chicken broth
- 4 bay leaves
- Let lentils soak in water.
- Cut onions, garlic, carrots, and pancetta, fry in olive oil (butter optional).
- Add mix of half chicken broth half water
- Add thyme and bay leaves.
- Add pork hock and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Remove hock, separate meat from bone and add meat back to broth.
- Add lentils to the broth, simmer for 1h, mixing every 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper.