Creamy Chorizo Orzo Pasta
March 2, 2019 | Uncategorized
- Half jar of quality tomato basil sauce
- Half jar of Jamie Oliver red pesto sauce
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Handful of almonds, chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, cut in small cubes
- Cream (about 3 or 4 tbsp?)
- Orzo pasta (1 c. for 3 large portions)
- Start cooking down tomato sauce (add generous amount of olive oil in).
- Caramelize onions and garlic in butter and olive oil. Deglaze with white wine when needed.
- Add chorizo.
- Later, add almonds, rosemary, italian spices.
- Add mix to tomato sauce, along with red pesto sauce.
- When pasta almost cooked, add cream to taste.
- Add salt/pepper to taste. Combine.