Squash and Lentil Salad
September 16, 2019 | Salads, Uncategorized
*Also works great with sweet potatoes
- 1 butternut squash (or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1/4 tsp each, salt, cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (options)
- 1/4 cup (or more!) pecans, walnuts, etc.
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups greens
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each, ground cumin and salt
- 1 to 3 tbsp milk (optional, never really needed)
- Cube squash or sweet potatoes into 1/2″ cubes
- Drizzle with butter or olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- Cook at 350 F until almost cooked, then throw in chopped nuts, cook until golden, don’t overcook!
- Boil lentils until tender
- Mix dressing
- Mix altogether. Best when lentils are room temp, squash/potatoes/nuts are warm, and dressing is cold.