Sweet Potato, Arugula & Wild Rice Salad with Ginger Dressing
September 30, 2019 | Salads
- 1 cup wild rice, or quinoa
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes (2 medium or 3 small), peeled and sliced into 1” cubes
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup pumpkin/sunflower seeds, chopped pecans/walnuts/almonds, etc.
- 5 cups arugula
- ½ cup feta or goat cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
Ginger dressing (this makes extra)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp ginger
- Cook rice/quinoa separately
- Roast seeds/nuts
- Cut potatoes in small cubes, drizzle in olive oil, cook at 425F for about 30 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes.
- Combine dressing ingredients
- Add rice/quinoa at bottom of bowl, slightly warm. Add arugula, then sweet potatoes, nuts, and dressing.