Almond Milk (and Crackers)
February 9, 2020 | Other
- Soak 1 cup almonds in cold water overnight, or boil for 10 minutes and let sit for 1 or 2 hours.
- Add 6 cups water and blend at high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Strain in nut milk bag. If immediately using almond meal for another recipe, there’s no need to strain very thoroughly, though keep in mind the almond meal will have extra water, so use less in those recipes.
- Pour the milk back in the blender, and add:
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Blend for about 20 seconds until well mixed.
- Pour in containers and refrigerate for up to a week.
Recipe originally from Minimalist Baker.
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 4 tbsp oil
- partially ground rosemary (quantity untested yet, try 1 tbsp?
- Salt, pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Mix until it forms a thick paste; add oil or water as needed
- Roll out on parchment paper, cover with another layer of parchment paper, and roll into a thin sheet.
- Remove top layer of parchment and lay down on a cookie sheet.
- Use metal spatula to trace a grid, to separate crackers after cooking.
- Cook at 325F for about 20 minutes or until crispy and golden.